- Place clip (A) in hole at the front of the bloodless Castrator as shown.
- Thread latex tubing through clip (A) at front, push into clip, then pull the existing tubing toward the rear of the EZE.
- Bring tubing back through clip (A) at front, push into clip, then pull the existing tubing toward the rear of the EZE.
- Hook end of tubing around peg (B) then into slot (C) on the left and stretch tight to slot (D).
- Place the loop around the scrotum making sure both testicles are below the band. Pull the tubing “EXTREMELY TIGHT” by hand and loop around peg (E) then through slot (F) on right and stretch tight.
- Continue tightening by squeezing handle at rear of the applicator until the tubing flattens just behind the clip.
- Push bottom lever to secure the tubing in the clip. Finish the procedure by cutting off the tubing with the cutter provided on the EZE.
A TETANUS TOXOID INJECTION IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
Applying PINE-TAR to the scrotum will help protect from flies and infection.
WHEN TIGHTENING THE LOOP, PULL THE APPLICATOR AWAY FROM THE SCROTUM AND AS YOU LET THE APPLICATOR BACK TO THE SCROTUM, TAKE UP THE SLACK
BY SQUEEZING THE PISTOL GRIP HANDLE. REPEAT AS NEEDED UNTIL THE TUBING IS EXTREMELY TIGHT.
A FEW TIPS FOR USING THE ORIGINAL EZE
- Put the loop as close to the testicles and as far below the belly as possible.
- After cutting the tubing, inspect the clip to make sure it is holding the tubing correctly.
- The tighter the loop is on the scrotum the better the results will be. If swelling occurs below the band it is not tight enough. (Re-band Immediately)
- To help restrain the bull, have someone grasp the tail with both hands as close to the body as possible. Then bend tail straight up toward the head of the bull.
- After Castration has been performed on the larger animals including Rams, drop time for scrotum to
fall off is between 20 to 40 days. Some customers cut the scrotum off just below the clip in about 7 to 14 days.
- The tether is used to hang the EZE applicator from your neck so it will leave both hands free to work.
The EZE applicator is also used as a bloodless method of de-horning, docking tails on dairy cows and
by Veterinarians for Prolasps.
The EZE also works well in castration of Rams and Goats.
After some use, the pullback rod may start to slip when tightening the tubing. Loosen the lock nut on the ¼ inch screw, above the and in front of the handle. Turn in one or two turns.